1. WITH THE HELP OF THE LIST AT BLACKLISTS.ORG.UA
The only one who really knows that content is legally used is the rightholder. If you doubt, refer to the righthoder of the relevant content published on the web-site.
To make things easier for you, the Clear Sky Initiative together with the Ukrainian Anti-Piracy Association (UАPА) and other market players created blacklists.org.ua service, where the list of web-sites that 100% violate intellectual property rights is published and monthly updated.
Minus – the quantity of rightholders that participate in the Clear Sky Initiative and Ukrainian Anti-Piracy Association is limited. However, the Initiative plans to expand it in the near future.
2. WITH THE HELP OF CONTENT ID
If the content is placed in a legal player that is locked or where Content ID technology is used, the placement is considered to be legal.
Sign of the player legality – there is a link to the web-site of the player owner.
Clear Sky Initiative participants allow to use their players ONLY to those sites-partners that are not enlisted at blacklists.org.ua.
Illegal players (according to the rightholders):
3. INDIRECT SIGNS
If the web-site has the following characteristics, then it is likely that it uses content illegally:
– availability of the new content that is at the stage of theatrical release;
– low quality of the content;
– poor-quality web-site design, low-quality advertising creative and advertising of banned goods and services;
– there are no contacts on the web-site for communication with the administrator, WhoIS does not contain data about the owner of the site, or there is a general e-mail from which no one answers;
– low cost of advertising.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ADVERTISERS
1. Follow the changes in the list of web-sites at blacklists.org.ua service
2. Address to the rightholders for the explanations.
3. Pay attention to the quality of the web-site as well as the cost of advertising.